How Dilingual works
Dilingual acts as a translation proxy for your website. While this may sound quite technical, all the hard work is handled by Dilingual for you.
A translation proxy is located between your original website and the user. The proxy will intercept all incoming requests and forward them to the original website.
If your original website would be
example.com, a translated version to German could be available on
example.de. This version would be served by Dilingual, before delivering the response to the user the proxy will replace all texts on the website with a translated version.
The translated texts can be coming from several sources, including:
- Automated Machine Translations
- All new texts will be automatically translated by Machine Translations. You can later review and adjust translation using the admin interface.
- Manual Translations
- You can manually edit all translations using the web interface, or by importing and exporting the translation as CSV.
- Professional translation agencies
- Professional translation agencies can handle the full on-going translation of your website to make sure it is always accurately translated. Contact us to learn about pricing and conditions.
There is no need to worry about increased latency and slowdowns of your page. Dilingual is powered by highly optimized code. Enterprise customers are also able to have custom deployments with advanced load-balancing and global distributed CDNs (Content Delivery Network) support.